- Cardiff is only 2 hours from London by train, and even less from Newport. Significant rail electrification investment all along the Region’s main rail line will see London only 1 hour 45 minutes away from Cardiff by 2018 and Canary Wharf, via Cross Rail, just 2 hours.
- The Region is home to Cardiff International Airport (some 30 minutes from Cardiff city centre) with direct and one-stop flights to hundreds of world-wide destinations.
Access to workforce
- There are 1.6 million people living within a 45 minute commute of Cardiff. Significant infrastructure upgrade to electrify the local railway and improve rolling stock will further increase the available talent pool.
- Cardiff University, a Russell Group member, is one of 3 universities in the Region servicing 70,000 students. Of these, 21,000 study business related courses such as Accounting, Banking, Economics and Law.
- Cardiff has the best penetration of Superfast Broadband of UK Core Cities and 1 of only 4 Internet Exchanges in the UK, whilst Newport is home to Europe’s largest Tier 3 Data Centre.
- Cardiff Capital Region’s compactness is one of its key strengths and offers a startling contrast from a cosmopolitan city, to bustling market towns and stunning countryside.
- In Cardiff, you’ll find charming Edwardian and Victorian arcades within walking distance of ultra-modern shopping centres, internationally renowned sporting and cultural venues to green open spaces, waterfronts and a castle in the city centre.
- A short journey away you’ll discover the undulating beauty of the Brecon Beacons National Park, towns and villages packed full of traditional charm, and a range of award winning beautiful beaches.